Effective Date: September 1, 2017
Information We Collect
How We Use Your Information
How We Disclose Your Information Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Do Not Track Disclosure
Your Rights and Choices
Information We Collect
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of Services. We may combine information collected from or about you from these various sources.
● Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect information about you directly from you.
For example, if you create an account with us, we collect your name, username, email address, password, gender, and country of residence; if you pay for certain Services, we will also collect your financial account information, payment card information, and/or billing address. We will also collect any other information that you provide to us through our Services, such as your phone number or pictures. If you do not provide certain information we may not be able to provide the Services you have requested (e.g., create an account).
● Information We Collect About You from Third Parties. We also collect information about you from third parties. For example, we may authenticate you using third-party social media services (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). From these third parties we may collect certain information, including without limitation name, email address, country of residence, and connections information. We may also collect information from other third parties that integrate with our Services, such as payment applications (e.g., PayPal). In addition, we may collect information about you from Hand2Hand users, such as ratings or reviews about you that other users provide to us. We will also collect information about you from business partners (e.g., if you scan a package using one of our business partners, that partner may provide us with information about you, such as your name and the security of the package).
● Information We Collect Automatically Through Our Site. We automatically collect information about you through your use of our Services, including without limitation:
○ Geolocation Information. We collect information about your geolocation if you permit our App to access location services on your device. If you authorize use to collect your geolocation information, we will collect information about your geolocation while our App is running in the foreground or background in order to provide our Services. You can disable our access to your location services by changing the location settings on your device. Doing so, however, will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services (e.g., tracking a delivery).
○ Log Information. We collect logging information, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, which will allow us to get a general sense of your location (including without limitation, country); the type of browser you are using; information about the device you are using, domain name, the website that led you to our Services; the website to which you go after leaving our Services; and the dates and times you access our Services. We may combine this with other information that we collect about you. Please see our Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms section below for more information.
○ Device Information. We collect information about your device, including device type, operating system, unique device identifier, preferred language, and mobile network information.
○ Delivery and Payment Information. We collect information about the transactions you conduct using our Services, including the shipment type, date and time of shipment and delivery, origin and destination for delivery, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details.
○ InApp Messaging Information. We collect information regarding communications between users through our Services, including the dates and times of communications.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information, including personal information and User Content, for the following purposes:
● Providing and Improving Our Service. To facilitate deliveries, payments, and communications between users; to provide and maintain our Services; to improve our Services; to develop new features, products, or services; to authenticate users; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; to validate our users and ensure their qualifications to use our Services; and for other customer service and support purposes.
● Marketing and Communications. To communicate with you about your account and use of our Services, including to send you shipping and delivery updates, as well as product updates; to respond to your inquiries; to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and other information we think may interest you; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes. Our communications with you may include communications via email or push notification. Please see our section regarding Your Choices for more information about how to change your communications preferences.
● Research and Analytics. To analyze how you interact with our Services; to monitor and analyze
● Legal Compliance. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your information, including personal information and User Content, as described to you at the time of collection or disclosure or as follows:
● Hand2Hand Users. We will disclose your information to other Hand2Hand users as necessary to provide our Services. For example, if you are a traveler, we will share your user name, profile picture, and contact details with the requestor.
● Services Providers. We may disclose your information to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may disclose your information to third-party service providers to process payments on our behalf.
● Third-party Advertisers. We may disclose your information to third-party advertisers that target advertisements to you for products and services in which you might be interested.
● Business Transfers. We may disclose your information to another entity in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
● Legal Compliance. We may disclose your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request from law enforcement or a government official.
● Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
We may also use clear GIFs, pixel tags, and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here. You also may opt out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Interest-Based Advertising section below.
We use third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on our Service and on third-party websites or other media (e.g., social networking platforms). This enables us and these third parties to target advertisements to you for products and services in which you might be interested. Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer OptOut Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer OptOut Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or on other services. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
We have taken steps to help protect the personal information we collect. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your login and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Our Services are not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems.
Lovely Customs LDA
Rua Cristóvão de Pinho Queimado, 5, 2º Esq.